Orange Cranberry Sauce
Traditional cranberry sauce, seasoned with orange, cinnamon, cloves
- 1 12-ounce bag cranberries
- 2 cups orange juice just enough to cover the cranberries
- ¼ cup Meyer's rum optional
- ¾ cup brown sugar less if you like it more tart
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier optional
- zest from ½ orange or to taste
Combine all ingredients except the Grand Marnier and orange zest in a pot. Simmer on medium-low to low until thick, about an hour and a half, or until you have 2 cups. Taste, and add more sugar if you wish, but it should be somewhat tart.
Allow to cool.
Serve cold or at room temperature, adding the Grand Marnier (if using) and, last, the orange zest before serving.