Monday cocktail hour! Because I’m already looking forward to Friday. And I bought this proper and cool copper mug during a visit to the most excellent Cocktail Kingdom showroom in Manhattan. The first FCH Moscow Mule described its origins (it was a Smirnoff device to drive sales!). Also my recipe was imperfect. After countless Dark and Stormys in Key West, I recognized that the amount of lime juice is important to contrast the sweetness of the ginger beer. Below are the proportions I like best.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 4 ounces ginger beer (or to taste)
- wedge of lime for garnish
- Fill a copper mug with ice. Add vodka, lime juice, and ginger beer.
- Garnish with lime.
Other links you may like:
- Other cocktails featuring vodka: Key Lime Martini, The Greyhound, Cosmo, and Lemon Drop
- Visit The Vodka Museum in Moscow, Russia.
- Why is it called a Moscow Mule?
- A very popular vodka in Detroit comes from Valentine Distilling.
© 2015 Michael Ruhlman. Photo © 2015 Donna Turner Ruhlman. All rights reserved.